We've all been stuck at home way too much this past year dreaming of getting away. This Valentine's Day, escape reality and whisk your sweetie off to Waikiki for a weekend of relaxing, rejuvenating and reconnecting. Follow our guide for making the most of your romantic retreat right here on O‘ahu:
1. Sweeten the Deal. Surprise your significant other with the ‘suite life' at the Embassy Suites Waikiki starting at $229 plus tax per night for Hawai‘i residents. With this Kama‘aina vacation package, you'll score a newly styled one or two bedroom suite with a separate living room, 50% off parking and no resort charge. Take advantage of the complimentary made-to-order breakfast which you can bring back to your room for a leisurely breakfast in bed. No need to rush, because you'll enjoy a 4 p.m. late check-out so you can lounge with your lover all day.
2. Play in the Heart of Waikiki. Step directly out onto Waikiki Beach Walk on Lewers Street for some of the best stores and restaurants in Waikiki. Pop into the Na Hoku store to browse the Hawaiian and island lifestyle jewelry for a last-minute valentine's gift. For a sweet treat made for two, Café Glacé blends up milkshakes crafted with artisan gelato in to-die-for flavors like White Chocolate Macadamia and Peanut Butter. Perfect to share with two straws! Or if you prefer to spend the afternoon at the pool, soak it all in on the Embassy Suites Waikiki Grand Lanai with a heated pool, hot tub and spacious sundeck. For baller status, you can even reserve a private daybed or cabana to sunbathe in style and order up pool snacks and drinks from Yard House with free delivery right to your towel. Then clean-up and head makai for a sunset walk on Waikiki Beach. Heads-up: look for the green flash around 6:29 p.m. on February 14.
3. Go for the Grand Gesture. Make a big impression by arranging for a romantic picnic in your suite or at a private poolside cabana. Event designer Wesley Sargent Designs knows how to set a scene that is sure to stun you with roses, candles, candies and a custom design to pull at your heart strings. Email [email protected] to coordinate your private picnic.
4. Savor Romantic Flavors. If fine dining is the way to your heart, you'll want to book a table at Ruth's Chris Steak House at Waikiki Beach Walk for its Valentine's Weekend Menu featuring Celebration Surf and Turf and a 40 oz. Tomahawk Ribeye. For the ultimate chocolate dessert and drink pairing, wander next door to Roy's Waikiki for the signature Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé, and end the evening with a Lady in Red night-cap cocktail mixed with Maker's Mark, raspberry and amaro.
5. Learn Something New. Share a bonding experience by trying a new activity. Stretch poolside during Sunrise Yoga on the Grand Lanai on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7 a.m. for Embassy Suites' guests. Also check out ‘ukulele lessons led by Na Hoku Hanohano music award winner Tyler Gilman daily at 4:30 p.m. at The ‘Ukulele Store. Or practice swaying your hips on Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. during the Ka Lei hula class at Waikiki Beach Walk Plaza Stage. And if you are a kama‘aina who needs to brush up on their surf skills, book a surf lesson with Big Wave Dave Surf & Coffee. Just make sure to grab an açai bowl at the café beforehand to fuel you up for the fun.